How To Know If You Need Chiropractic
When there’s something wrong with your teeth, you know because you can see them. When there’s something wrong with your eyes, you know because you can’t see (as well). But what if something’s wrong with your spine? How do you know?
These are some indicators of a misaligned spine.
1. Bad posture. This doesn't just mean hunched shoulders. Do you notice your head is always tilted in photographs? Do you always carry your bag on one shoulder because it slides off the other one? Do you wear your wallet in your pocket when your sitting? Is one pant leg seem longer than the other? Is your computer monitor off to one side so you always have to turn to that side?
2. Doing the same actions over and over at work. This can cause repetitive strain injury. You can reduce this strain by aligning your joints and prevent a bigger problem, like carpal tunnel, from occurring.
3. Slips and falls. Even a small slip can cause your spine to misalign and cause pain. And old injuries that haven't healed well can cause compensations throughout your joints.
4. Headaches due to weather changes. You were not meant to be a weather station. A misaligned spine can affect your body’s ability to withstand changes in weather pressure and temperature.
5. Sitting for long periods of time. Do you have a long commute? Do you sit all day at your job? Do a lot of Netflixing? Sitting puts more pressure on your spine than standing and this can cause discomfort. In addition, continued immobility can cause your joints to stiffen and lose flexibility. 6. Pain. Do you have a pain that won’t go away? Or one that comes and goes and gets worse every time?
A healthy, aligned spine can help you avoid many problems. Chiropractic won't decrease your commute or stop you from binge watching shows, but it can help you feel better while you're doing them. By taking care of your spine, you help yourself be more active and enjoy life to the fullest!